Wednesday, October 16, 2013

A Blotting Miracle

Blotting paper is one of the beauty products I tend to overlook when I'm in a drugstore. I find it unfortunate that I only paid attention to it a couple of months ago when I noticed how much my sister loved using it.

I used to think that blotting paper only catered to people with oily skin as opposed to someone with dry skin like myself, but, I couldn't have been more wrong. I only realised otherwise when I decided to try some just for the heck of it and I was quite surprised to find so much oil had transferred to the blotting paper causing it to become transparent. Apparently, it doesn't really matter what skin type you are, you will get oily during the day. After that incident, I decided to buy a pack for myself.


I started using Clean and Clear Oil Absorbing Sheets because they're practically available everywhere. I'd use it during late afternoons in the office when my face seemed more dewy than usual and I noticed that the oil being sucked out by the blotting paper left a matte finish on my skin. I didn't need to reapply any powder after that.

Using blotting paper can be an inexpensive solution to keep your skin looking fresh and matte without the added layer of chemicals on your face. It's better for your skin and it's more hygienic because the sheets are disposable, as compared to face powders. I find that most people who use face powders are guilty of not washing their makeup sponges regularly causing bacteria to grow on the product. This can lead to all sorts of skin problems. So unless you actually do clean your sponges then I have nothing against it.

So for the practical beauty, you can leave your big bulky face powders at home and try using these light weight and handy sheets instead! For those who absolutely cannot live without face powders, there are also blotting papers with a little layer of powder on them. One is called the Palladio Rice Paper Powdered Blotting Tissues and they sell it at Beauty Bars all over the country. Still a better alternative than bringing a bulky face powder everyday.



Image taken from Google.

No comments:

Post a Comment