Sunday, September 21, 2014

Review: Nature Republic’s Snail Solution 80 Ampoule Special Set


A lot of the skin care products that I’ve grown to love over the recent years have mostly revolved around snails. The secretion from these wonderful molluscs has proven to be a very effective remedy for various skin problems. I’ve grown so fond of it that I find myself gravitating towards different snail products from different brands. 

It was, therefore, a no-brainer that when I went to Nature Republic, I glued myself to their snail skin care section, which is where I found the Snail Solution 80 Ampoule Special Set. 

The main product of the set is the Snail Ampoule which contains 80% snail secretion filtrate. Hence, the number 80 printed on the bottle. The other two items that are included are sample sizes of the Snail Solution 90 Skin Booster (90% snail secretion filtrate) and the Snail Solution 80 Emulsion. Both these samples are also available in regular sizes.

Each of the items in the set aims to brighten the skin and improve on wrinkles. I applied all three products, one after the other, after cleansing my face and using toner. I will, therefore, be reviewing them as a whole rather than individually. 

REVIEW 


A common characteristic of snail products is how instant its effects are. Upon first application with these goods, my skin immediately felt more refreshed and revived. The products promptly hydrated my skin, leaving it smooth and supple.

I then observed its effects the next morning before washing my face and was impressed to find how even my skin tone looked. There was less oil than usual and my pores were ridiculously tiny that I couldn’t even really see them up-close. I continued using this set for my day and night skin care regimen for a week now and I’m very happy with the improvements it has made. 

My skin feels a lot suppler, looks very clean, even, bright, and smooth. My pores are almost invisible up-close and overall it has effectively hydrated my skin.

I should also mention that these products have a very pleasing scent. Not too strong and quite calming. 

How to use
There are instructions at the back of the box that tell you how to use the product but I found it a little incoherent as to which needed to be used first. Based on what I've read, I simply came up with a sequence that I hope is the correct way. I use the Skin Booster - Emulsion - Ampoule in that order after washing and toning my face. I apply the products by patting it on until it's fully absorbed by my skin. 

Packaging



The set comes in an elegant earth-friendly box. 

Both the emulsion and skin booster comes in 30ml plastic containers which I honestly find difficult to use. It was quite challenging trying to get the product to come out without having to exert much effort. The best way was to shake the product to the lid part before opening it. 


The ampoule which also comes in a 30ml size, was simpler to use. The lid is basically a dropper which picks the thicker consistency of the ampoule with ease. 


Pros
  • Easily absorbed by the skin
  • Effectively moisturises and revitalises
  • Smoothens skin
  • Softens skin
  • Greatly decreases appearance of pores
  • Brightens skin
  • Smells great
Cons
  • A little pricier than I would have hoped for 
  • Impractical design of the Skin Booster and Emulsion

Price: P1,795.00


No comments:

Post a Comment