Sunday, October 12, 2014

Review: Pasjel Silverpink Mask

Thai brand, Pasjel, recently launched their premiere line with the Silverpink Mask. I came across it at snowprincess_mnl’s clearance sale and because of my fondness for skin care masks, I decided to try it.  


What separates this peel-off mask from others is its ability to tackle several skin problems at once. Its potent formulation is said to revive, moisturise, tighten, smoothen, and lessen the appearance of wrinkles. Some of the ingredients are as listed below:
  1. Nicotinamide - blocks and neutralises inflammatory acne and hypersensitivity. 
  2. Sodium Hyaluronate Molecules - acts as microscopic fillers that treats and prevents wrinkles and rough skin. 
  3. Hydrolysed Collagen - tones and tightens skin
  4. Urea - a powerful and naturally occurring hydrophilic skin moisturiser that keeps the skin hydrated, making it soft and supple.
  5. Panthenol - a natural humectant that locks moisture for 24 hour skin hydration.
Other ingredients include Vitamin C, Kaolin, and Allantoin which all promote natural skin healing. 


Other info
  • Results are seen 24 hours after using the mask.
  • Tested and marked 100% safe.
  • Not tested on animals.
  • No steroids.
  • No harmful compounds. 

*Contains perfume

REVIEW

I have a couple of general observations that I want to point out. First, opening the tube was very messy as the product clung to the twist-off cap. It didn’t do well for my slight obsessive compulsive ways. 

Second, the size was much smaller than I had anticipated. The net weight is at 20g and this product is meant to be placed all over the face. You’ll probably only get 3 or 4 uses out of this tube. 

Third, I find it quite pricey for its size. P850.00 (clearance sale price) for 20g. 

This is how it looked when I opened it the first time.

The recommended use of the Pasjel Silverpink Mask is twice a week. My experience during both trials have been different so I will be reviewing them separately.

First Trial:
Upon placing the product on my face, I felt a little sting in my eyes. I didn’t place the product anywhere near the eye area in case you were wondering.

Its scent was also piercing and unappealing. I think the formulation may have been too strong for me which is why my body reacted in such a way. 

I continued to use the product nonetheless just to see how it would fare. After a few minutes, I began to feel my skin tighten. 

I left it on for 30 minutes after which I peeled it off. The peeling process was difficult and painful as the product had clung tightly to my skin.

Results, however, were good. My skin felt smooth, tight, and soft to the touch. 

Second Trial:
To be honest, I was pretty hesitant to try it out the second time around but I felt like giving it the benefit of the doubt. 

The experience was actually much better. It didn’t sting my eyes anymore and the scent, although still unappealing, wasn’t piercing. I left it on for 30 minutes after which I peeled it off. The process was again, quite painful and difficult to remove. 

Results were positive. Skin felt tighter, softer and smooth to the touch. I also observed its effects 24 hours after and my skin still felt soft and supple.

Overall, I feel that the product does work but there are other products that give the same results that aren’t as uncomfortable to use the first time around. 

How to use:
Apply all over face and wait 15-30 minutes. Peel off after.
Use twice a week.

Packaging:
The product comes in a 20g tube container. The general look is cute and simple while the material is high quality. Despite its superficial appearance, opening the tube can get a little messy. Upon opening the product for the first time, I found the product had clung to the crevices of the twist-off cap which was disappointing. 



Pros
  • Effectively tightens the skin 
  • Makes skin smooth and soft
  • Effect is long lasting

Cons

  • Formula is quite strong - stings my eyes when applied (initially)
  • Smell is also slightly piercing (initially)
  • Product came out messily in tube container
  • Perfume scent is unappealing although lightly scented
  • Pricey and very little product content


Price: P850.00




No comments:

Post a Comment