Friday, November 28, 2014

Review: NYX Eyebrow Gels (Blonde and Brunette)

Another product I got from Instagram shopping! <3


I’ve been using these on a lot of my shoots recently. They come in 5 shades all in all and I got two which I thought I'd get more use out of, Blonde and Brunette. Blonde being the lighter brown shade and Brunette for darker brows. 


I’ve never actually used a brow gel before. I usually stick with powders and pencils but I’ve heard a lot of good reviews about these so I thought I’d give it a try. They’re very affordable at P420.00 (@stuffinstyle).

What I love about the NYX Eyebrow Gel is that it doesn’t budge when you apply the product.  It lasts all day, it’s water-proof and it doesn’t smudge at all. The only downside to that is that once it’s out of the tube, it dries up easily so you need to apply it quickly. 

Also, because it hardens pretty fast, you need to make sure that the brush strokes are parallel with the hairs of the brows so that it looks as natural as possible. If your brush strokes are scattered, the product can dry up while the hairs are out of place or clumped together making it look strange. A definite no-no. 

How to use:
I simply squeeze a small amount of the product on my mixing plate before applying it with a brow brush. However, I did notice that it takes more effort to clean off so I would suggest placing it on something disposable to save you the trouble. I sometimes place it on tissue instead of my mixing plate. 

For optimal brow perfection, brush your eyebrows with a spooly before applying the gel. This will help give a manicured look. 


Another thing I noticed is that if it gets on your skin, it can stain it unless you wipe it off with makeup remover so as much as possible, use tools when dealing with this product. 

Packaging:
The NYX Eyebrow gels come in functional 0.34 fl. oz. / 10ml tubes. 
It's very hygienic to use and lightweight. 
I have had no problems with the product running as the lids are very secure. 

Overall, I think it’s a great brow product. Very pigmented, stable, and affordable. 

Here’s a look I made using Blonde 



and Brunette  


No comments:

Post a Comment